2010年4月22日 星期四

[Gardena] [Japanese Cuisine] Shin sen gumi Yakitori

Shin Sen Gumi Yakitori

18617 S Western
Gardena, CA 90247
(310) 715-1588
Came here for the anniversary special. 4 of their lunch sets were discounted to $5 each. Pretty good deal and we did get seated quickly. The review is for the lunch set only (Saba set, Yakitori set, Yakitori Bowl, and fried chicken set)

1. Yakitori Set. Both of the set lunch came with salad, miso soup, and croquette. I don't know the taste of the yakitori is inferior due to the special or not, but for sure it does not worth the $9 dollar price tag in my opinion. The chicken was not grilled to my liking and the meatball was lack of flavor, their yakitori sauce was nothing to write home about either. I had much better yakitori at Kappo Honda. I actually think the salad dressing was the best part of my dish.

2. Saba set. Exactly the same thing except the yakitori was substitute for the fish instead. The fish was also grilled to order too. The portion seems bigger since they give 1/2 fish instead of 3 skewers. However, the fish had some bones and it does taste fishy when the fish started to cool down. Its a better choice of the two, but still not worth the $8.50 price tag too.

Overall, I was disappointed with their sister Hakata Ramen Chain, and yet this Yakitori chain too. I believe this place is popular but I do not think their taste is truly authentic. Its already modified to local's liking so its good if you want some bargain or u don't mind the not-so-authentic taste yakitori. Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend this place to others unless they have discounted their regular menu.

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts with Thumbnails